Essential fatty acids may be beneficial many chronic conditions. Symptoms of the following inflammatory conditions may find relief from the use of Omega Combination: arthritis, gout, psoriasis, eczema, bowel inflammation, premenstrual syndrome and menstrual cramps.
Thompson’s Omega Combination combines the power of Evening Primrose Oil with the benefits of fish oils. The Omega 6 and Omega 3 group of essential fatty acids (EFA’s) are ‘essential’ to the body because they:
- cannot be made in our bodies and therefore must be in the diet
- are part of our basic cellular structure.
- make up the myelin sheath which insulates nerve cells and ensures the transmission of information to vital organs.
- are part of the mitochondria, the cell ‘battery’ that fuels and energises the body.
- they supply the ‘raw’ materials or precursors to the ‘good’ prostaglandin series 1 and 3 that reduce inflammation and prevent blood clotting.
Essential fatty acid supplements may be useful in the relief of menstrual disorders such as PMS, cramps, breast tenderness and endometriosis. They are known to help in the treatment of skin conditions such as eczema, as well as other conditions that involve inflammation such as rosacea, acne and muscle pain.